Subject: Re: This morning's sup
To: Mark Newton <newton@communica.com.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/12/1997 20:37:21
On Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:39:54 +1030 (CST)
 Mark Newton <newton@communica.com.au> wrote:

 > A problem was identified yesterday in the SPARC port on a 1+ (panic: addr
 > fault just after displaying the copyright).  Apparently that was fixed.

...yah, interrupts were not disabled early enough.

 > As of this morning's sup, the panic still happens, it just waits until
 > after autoconfiguration to manifest itself.

 > Related, or something completely different?

...oh, this looks like something MUCH different... :-)

 > root on sd0a swap on sd0b
 > text fault: pc=0 ser=80<INVAL>
 > panic: kernel fault

...this tells me that you jumped through a NULL function pointer.  Hmm,
it would be really nice to know what function you died in (it may be
my fault, depending on the function :-)

Can you use gdb or nm to determine what function you were in?  Use the
"pc = f80e3ef8" value...