Subject: Re: panic: Unknown CPU type
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/12/1997 09:13:21

> It's a trace of `cpu0: physical', which apparently was overwritten.. why
> I don't know.
>
> How far did the bootstrap get before the changes of the last two days?
>
> -pk

Well... Not any further.  I was hoping that the new code with deal
with this CPU.  If I disable the call to "viking_cache_enable", it
probes all of the devices and hangs before init.  By 'hangs', I mean
that L1-A doesn't break into ddb, and I have to power it off.

So, nothing that worked before is broken, but I sure would like to use
this machine.. :)

Thanks.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.