Subject: Net booting - swap setup
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Toscano <bjt0513@megahertz.njit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/05/1997 08:30:16
Hello,

I've got a SPARC 1+ that I'd like to install NetBSD on.  I am trying to
do a net boot from a Solaris 2.5.1 SS10.  Everything seems to go fine
until it tries to mount swap

I've looked at the mailiing list and instruction files and saw that others
have had similar problems--without a "swap" entry in /etc/bootparams,
it gives a RPC timeout error.  I had that too.  But now I have the
swap=/export/home/brian/swap and I get errors to the effect that mountd
failed and then it displays some registers and reboots.

Could someone please tell me how to setup the swap on the server?
Is it just a directory?  Do I need to create a file also?

Thanks,
Brian Toscano
bjt0513@megahertz.njit.edu