Subject: Re: broken kernel crash dumps..
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/27/1997 11:23:57
   > it just occured to me that this started happening around the
   > time that pk moved us to the new libkvm/savecore.
   >
   > pk, did you bust something?  :-)

   Excuse the delay.. I've been waiting for my systems to crash, but they
   wouldn't do that :-)

you haven't been following -current very hard, then...  :-)

   Do you have any more detail? Your statement looks like it's some kind
   of follow-up on something I apparently missed.

ok.  after my kernel dumps a core, and savecore saves it into /var/crash,
and i run gdb -k netbsd.N netbsd.N.core, and get a stack dump, all it
goes back to is, in this case, mem_access_fault(), which caused a kernel
fault -> panic.  there is absolutely no indication of _where_ in the
kernel the fault happened, that i could see.

that's about all i have, sorry.