Subject: Re: You guys are scaring me.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@k.notcom.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/22/1997 17:30:03
Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US> writes:

> P.S. There was a thread about the Real Audio 3.0 Player sometime back;
>      I just noticed that on my SunOS 4.1.4 system at home, it *also* gets the
>      "Cannot open audio device" problem as well, even though the devices are
>      owned by me!  An strace shows it trying to do 2 different sound ioctl()'s
>      with fd's of (unsigned) -1, *before* either /dev/audio or /dev/audioctl
>      are even open!  Duh ... (And the Solaris player reliably crashes my

 This happens on Solaris 2.5 as well. It opens the audio device, does
some failing ioctls and closes them. It is apparently a problem with
the AMD audio device. I talked with PN about this and they gave me a
fixed test version. It's otherwise unstable, though.

--
arrangements Ortega fusion jihad Ft. Bragg Peking Kennedy FSF Treasury
Serbian CIA NRO security Waco, Texas plutonium