Subject: Re: You guys are scaring me.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/22/1997 00:11:21
> I've got a dilemma on my hands.
>
> I've just acquired a really nice last-model-of-the-line SPARCstation 20/71
> at work (i.e., the one with the 4x CD-ROM like in the Ultras, and the newer
> spiffy Sony 20E20 monitor with all the little pushbuttons on the front).

[snip SS20 vs SS2]

FWIW, my SS20 (don't know Sun's designation; it is a SuperSPARC-II/75MHz+ecache
machine) runs Just Fine; I use it as my main machine and only very very rarely
get weird behavior. Admittedly, it has 128MB of memory so I don't page
much at all. The patch I just committed to the trunk should fix a major
source of the random core dumps that people have apparently been having.

As for audio, you're probably out-of-luck on the 20 unless someone feels
like writing a dbri driver; I'd love one but certainly don't have the time
right now to do it (thesis and all).

--Aaron