Subject: Re: xemacs ?
To: matthew green <mrg@splode.eterna.com.au>
From: Thomas Graichen <graichen@rzpd.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/21/1997 09:03:06
hasn't matthew green said ? ...

> has anyone ever successfully compiled and used xemacs under
> netbsd/sparc ?
>
> the best i've done is have it build, and dump, but the dumped
> executable crashes immediately.

i'm running 19.14 just fine under OpenBSD/sparc - so i think it should
run also fine under NetBSD/sparc - it sompiled as far as i remember
out of the box - i only had to change one thing in the unexec stuff (i
think i commented something out which was'nt there in OpenBSD/sparc to
get it compiled) - if you are interested i may try to find out what
exactly i changed - but so far this xemacs has never crashed for me
(in over 4 months i think)

  thomas graichen - graichen@rzpd.de graichen@OpenBSD.org graichen@FreeBSD.org

  perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when
      there is no longer anything to take away    antoine de saint-exupery