Subject: Re: Survey: What _does_ work?
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/16/1997 00:40:27
On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> Ok, my SS10 is basically a wash. I can't get it to do networking, and I've
> tried:
>
> 3 motherboards
> 2 different speeds of RAM (80ns and 60ns)
> 2 different sets of SCSI cabling
> 2 cases
> 2 processors (SM51 & SM61)
> 2 power supplies
> 2 installs of 1.2, one by me, one by my dealer.

At the risk of sounding redundant, have you tried different network hardware?
You say that you've been having network troublew/ the OS. Is it possible
that you have a problem exrternal to the machine that is breaking stuff?
Just a thought as I see no changes in the above list that would indicate
you've tried a different patch cable, hub, etc....

just my $.02...

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |