Subject: Re: Last ditch effort to get my 10 running
To: Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/12/1997 13:40:18
At 04:58 AM 2/12/97 -0700, Chris Torek wrote:
>> A TI TMS390Z55 SuperCache
>>in their machine having the problem of random core dumps
>
>I am not even running NetBSD (I am running BSD/OS), and yes, we
>have this.  I thought I had fixed it (using SWAP to update PTEs,
>flushing store buffers, etc.), but it still occurs.  It seems
>to occur only when the machine starts paging.

My machine hasn't swapped yet. Are you referring to the paging in of
the .text in a program?

Also, this problem you saw: Did it affect networking? Because my machine
basically goes to heck when the le0 is ifconfig'd.

>Note that the problem does *not* occur on my non-Ecache
>system, so it appears to have something to do with the Ecache.

*sigh*
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/