Subject: Problems with my system.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Davis <sysmaint@ertw.ml.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/12/1997 01:18:03
	Does anyone have any information on the following items:(
	This isn't a NetBSD question directly, but I was told to
	post mail by one of my profs. Any help at all would help.

    Support for the CG9:
	The docs say it isn't supported, but I would be willing to try
	and port one of the current drivers to the cg9?[unless it can't
	be done :(]

    Fujitsu M2333k and M2322k: What are the dip switches for.
	I didn't receive any information with these drives, and only
	one works(All the dip switches are set different).

    Magnetic Peripherals Inc: 9720-368 Sabre Drive.
	Is this a smd drive, and if so, which connectors do I use?

    Where is a good place to get eeprom chips for 3-50's, 3-60's, 3-160's
    and	4-260's. I need some of each.

    Anyone who has a 4-260 and can help me with my big problem, I will be
	forever grateful. I have a 3-260 vme floor tower(or case?), with
	the following configuration:

	slot 1: Sun4-260
	slot 2: empty
	slot 3: 8MB ram
	slot 4: 8MB ram
	slot 5: 8MB ram
	slot 6: 8MB ram
	slot 7: Scsi
	slot 8: 451 SMD controller
	slot 9: empty
	slot 10: CG9 framebuffer
	slot 11: empty
	slot 12: ALM-1 card

	The system boot once in a while, but usually just hangs with the
	fourth diagnostic light lit, and some of the memory cards stay disabled.
	They are all the same type of card(501-1102), and no matter what order I
	put them in, they always do the same thing.

	I also have a 32MB card(501-1451 or 501-1254) that only has 16MB of
	chips in it. Whenever I use this board, the system gets a memory error.
	How do I tell the sun the board only has 16MB of ram on it?

	One last question, is it possible to get a sun(50,60,and 160) to
	boot over a network, without a monitor always connected to it?

	Anyhelp will be amazingly appreciated.

							Chris Davis

                              Chris Davis
               University of Toronto Engineering Department
                         Computer Engineer, 2000

     "Even when you fall flat on your face,
                                    your still moving forward"
                                       Prof in Algorithms Lecture