Subject: SparcStation 5 boot problems ...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/07/1997 09:14:49
>From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
>Phil, I believe you have the wrong miniroot.  The current system uses a
>merged miniroot which will work on both the older pre-OpenPROM and newer

This was indeed the case.  I reread the INSTALL.sparc and it doesn't
say anywhere I could find that the sun4m machines should use the
sun4c miniroot.  So I assumed that the sun4c miniroot was only for the
sun4c machines.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.

I can now boot NetBSD/sparc on my ss5!  Cool!

Now, is there a document I should read on how to get NetBSD to run the
SunOS binaries?  Thanks.

--
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu           LPF: http://www.lpf.org