Subject: Re: SOLVED: How to boot NetBSD 1.2 from sd3 on a sun4c
To: None <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/05/1997 09:42:58
   It works now. I took another harddrive (an original SUN0207) and
   it worked with boot disk3 netbsd. There is something my Sparc doesn't
   like with my WREN VII (IMPRIMIS).

   Thanks for all help...

	   -Andre

Hmmm... that is the second one, then...  At work, we have a couple of
ST41200N drives which identify themselves as an Imprimis drives.  We
were trying to install Solaris 2.5.1 on them, and while the install
worked fine, the filesystems were mountable and all, the disk turned
out to be unbootable by Solaris.  The errors were:

Can't read disk label.
Can't open Sun disk label package

[repeat above twice]

bootblk: can't find the boot program.

Sun support didn't have any idea what the problem was.  I think that
the errors look a lot like what you all saw.  Kinda odd.

If anyone ever finds out what is going on, I would love to hear about
it.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org