Subject: How to boot NetBSD 1.2 from sd3 on a sun4c
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/04/1997 17:59:35
Hi,

I am new to NetBSD and have successfully installed NetBSD 1.2 on my sparc 2.

However, I am currently running SunOS 4.1.3_U1 on an scsi disk which is physically
unit 3 and becomes sd0 on SunOS. Because I still have to use 4.1.3_U1 for some applications,
I installed NetBSD on a disk which is physically unit 0. The installation succeeded without
any problems.

Then I have set boot-file to netbsd and boot-device to /sbus/esp/sd@3,0 (because I want
to boot from unit 0, which is remapped to 3). When booting with these settings, it
seems that the bootblock is loaded but it cannot proceed and stops with the prompt
boot:

Please help me how I can use my old SunOS 4.1.3_U1 on disk with id 3 and boot
NetBSD form the disk with id 0.

Any help is welcome...

Thanks a lot

	-Andre