Subject: libreadcore.so.3 req'd by adobe acrobat.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/31/1997 15:04:14
	I've been trying to read some acrobat documents on my
NetBSD-sparc system, and I've run into several roadblocks.  At the
outset, the acrobat system is unfriendly to emulated systems and makes
noises about not being able to run on your 'NetBSD-sparc' system.  I
wonder if it's possible to make uname and other system calls to react
differently under emulation.

	However, ld.so (I assume that I'm talking about the SunOS
ld.so) complains that it can't load libreadcore.so.3 when I try to run
the acrobat binary (once I found it).  I have examine the SunOS
4.1.4 and 4.1.3 systems that I have access to, and neither of them
have any libreadcore in either a shared or static form.

	Any ideas?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |