Subject: Re: writing a driver for a serial board
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/1997 22:08:40
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, matthew green wrote:

>    Hello, I'm still pissed off that my SS1 can only get 9600 baud from its
>    serial ports, and I was thinking again of the Magma LC 2+1 Sp card (2 high
>
> i'm actually curious to why this is so.  i get a full 38400 from my
> ELC that only loses out from time to time, and this is also while
> doing other things (eg, compiles, etc..)
>
> are you doing much else on the box ?

not usually when its online, since that is in the wee hours..  I can do 19200
but get too many errors and find that I actually get higher throughput at
9600 because of that..

I only used SunOS (4.1.1) for about a week or so, but I'm sure I managed
19200 on that fairly well.. as it stands, if I could run the modem at full
speed I would be chuffed to bits (v32bis), but if I could get 115k (eg from a
Magma card), I would celebrate by buying a v34 modem..

iain