Subject: Re: writing a driver for a serial board
To: None <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Michael Ritzert <mjr@pc29.dfg-bonn.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/28/1997 13:14:24
   cc: port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG
   From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
   Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:57:02 +1100
   Sender: port-sparc-owner@NetBSD.ORG

      Hello, I'm still pissed off that my SS1 can only get 9600 baud from its
      serial ports, and I was thinking again of the Magma LC 2+1 Sp card (2 high

   i'm actually curious to why this is so.  i get a full 38400 from my
   ELC that only loses out from time to time, and this is also while
   doing other things (eg, compiles, etc..)

Well, the ELC is significantly faster than the 1

   are you doing much else on the box ?

Under SunOS 4.1.2, my ss 1+ clone runs 19200 baud (zmodem file
transfers) without problems,
even when there are a few (numbercrunching) processes running which
produce 100% cpu load over several days.

Maybe increasing the clock speed from 20 to 25 MHz helps (my ss 1+
runs a factory configured overclocked 20 MHz board for more than 4
years --- ok, it needs at least 70 ns RAMs).

Michael