Subject: Re: NetBSD_1.2 Panics with pv_unlink on SS20
To: None <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
From: Rob Goode <goode@nc3a.nato.int>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/27/1997 09:55:59
Dear Aaron,

> > Dear SPARCies,
> >
> > Can you help me with a problem I am having with
> > NetBSD 1.2 on a 60 Mhz SparcStation 20 with 64Mbyte?
> >
> [snip discussion of pv_unlink panics]
>
> What kind of cache does your machine have? Does it have the 1MB external
> ecache (you can tell by looking at the bootup or dmesg output)?

Here is some info reported by the Solaris 2.x tool fpversion :

fpversion
 A SPARC-based CPU is available.
 Mbus module's clock rate appears to be approximately 60.2 MHz.
 Kernel says Mbus module's clock rate is 60.0 MHz.
 Kernel says main memory's clock rate is 50.0 MHz.

 Sun-4 floating-point controller version 0 found.
 A TI TMS390Z50 SuperSPARC chip (FAB 3.x or later) is available.
 A TI TMS390Z55 SuperCache appears to be present.
 FPU's frequency appears to be approximately 58.3 MHz.

 Use "-xtarget=ss20/61" code-generation option.

whilst dmseg under Solaris 2.x reports :
pac: enabled - SuperSPARC/SuperCache
cpu0: TI,TMS390Z55 (mid 8 impl 0x0 ver 0x3 clock 60 MHz)
mem = 65536K (0x4000000)
avail mem = 61116416

> I've heard reports of this problem, but have not been able to track it
> down. If anyone has a call trace or even better a crash dump from a
> pv_unlink panic on a Sun4m, please let me know...
>
> --Aaron

I can get another crash dump for this problem if you want, for a
generic scsi3 1.2 kernel, but where should I upload it to?

Cheers

Rob Goode