Subject: Re: DNS problems with 1.2
To: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/24/1997 23:54:58
	I'm using straight 1.2 on a group of sparc machines without
	any problems.
	I replicated your setup as closely as possible
		domain saturn.tlug.org
		nameserver 138.40.17.10
	and it worked fine.

	Are you sure 192.168.0.1 is running a valid nameserver that is
	responding to the dns requests?

	You might want to try running tcpdump -n while trying an nslookup.

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.