Subject: Re: diagnostic leds on CPU board
To: None <deker@digex.net>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/21/1997 12:41:32
[copies to the lists 'cause if one person wonders, others probably do
too and just aren't speaking up.]

>> want to hack on the kernel.  In either case, looking into PR 2172
>> should give you some good starting points.
> now here's a dumb question....Where can I find the PRs?

Send mail to query-pr@netbsd.org.  This runs query-pr and sends the
result back, passing the Subject: of the mail message as the command
line for query-pr (more or less - I don't know full details).  Put
"-help" as the subject for a short (ten lines) usage summary; you
probably want "--full 2172" as the subject, to retrieve PR #2172 in
full.

Alternatively, there's a WWW interface.  It has some bugs, at least
last time I looked; notably, the code that tries to be smart about what
is and isn't HTML can get confused - I had one PR with some
btoa-encoded data that by chance contained <i> and the <i> vanished and
the rest of the PR came out in italics - and its database lags the main
PR database by I think about a day.  If you want to use this with a
browser, point your browser at the main NetBSD web page
(http://www.netbsd.org/) and follow the pointers.  I just query it
directly, constructing the query with

        echo POST /cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl HTTP/1.0
        echo Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
        echo Content-length: `expr \`echo "$1" | wc -c\` + 6`
        echo ''
        echo number="$1"

where $1 is the number of the PR I wish to fetch.  (This gets sent to
the http port on www.netbsd.org and the PR comes back.  If you want to
mechanically process PRs obtained this way you'll need un-HTMLizing
software.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca