Subject: Re: ie messages, etc.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kiev@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/14/1997 06:20:57
Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.campus.vt.edu> writes:

> NetBSD/sparc is finally installed on my 4/260 and things are mostly working,
> but I'm getting some weird messages from the Ethernet driver (ie0 -- onboard)
 *.
> For instance:
>
> Jan 13 23:00:18 candle /netbsd: ie0: TDR detected an open 0 clocks away

I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that I get the same behavior
from my 4/260.  In general I only see it at boot time and then very
rarely at random intrevals.  I'm pretty sure I remember a flurry of
ie0 errors having preceeded a couple of crashes....  I'd just thought
my ethernet hardware was a little flakey, but if someone else is
having the same problem....

--Alex

--Carl Alexander

carl@terc.edu              +1-617-547-0430 x238 |               kiev@mit.edu
Information Technology Client Services Manager  | Mitgaard ("honorary mold")
TERC - The Technology Education Research Center |               LSC (nights)
"Hands on Math and Science Learning"            |         SIPB (prospective)