Subject: Re: Is ICL teamserver compatible ?
To: Zadok <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Serge A. Babkin <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/14/1997 08:28:12

> > > what does uname say about the machine ? as far as I know NetBSD runs on
> > > sun4, sun4c and sun4m.
> >
> > The native OS (ICL port of SVR4.2) uname says:
> >
> > DRS 6000 sparc

Really it was uname -m

> errm, try uname -a ( or whatever gives the most information )

UNIX_SV iclserv 4.2MP 7MPlus.4.4 DRS 6000 sparc

> under sunos it should give sun4? somewhere, depending on the architecture
> of your machine. But supersparc isn't supported anyway I think ( don't
> really know, just suspectin' )

As far as I understood the previous models of these machines runned
some version os SunOS (at least the documentation in many cases
describe BSD-like system while the existing OS is absolutely not
BSD-like). Now they moved to their own port of SVR4 and this
was their big mistake. It's SO unstable :-(

-SB