Subject: ie messages, etc.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.campus.vt.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/13/1997 23:59:49
NetBSD/sparc is finally installed on my 4/260 and things are mostly working,
but I'm getting some weird messages from the Ethernet driver (ie0 -- onboard).
For instance:

Jan 13 23:00:18 candle /netbsd: ie0: TDR detected an open 0 clocks away
Jan 13 23:06:04 candle /netbsd: ie0: TDR detected an open 1280 clocks away
Jan 13 23:09:42 candle /netbsd: ie0: TDR detected an open 8192 clocks away

These mostly occur after reboots, although I haven't had the machine up for
too long to see if they repeat (it's loud, and I have a very small dorm
room...).

The funny thing is that the AUI port is connected to an external transceiver
and this transceiver has worked rather flawlessly under other operating
systems (including--dare I say it?--Linux). Is this something to worry about?

Another thing: I was really impressed with the install system for 1.2 . I got rather familiar with it due to the many network outages (bad routers in our building) and an accidental power outage.

--Charles Lepple
charles@foo.org