Subject: Re: New hardware: Tadpole.
To: None <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu, mke@terrapin.turbolift.com>
From: Alan Perry <alanp@pacific.Eng.Sun.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/1997 20:08:08
C'mon, guys.  Can't we start acting like adults?

mke complains about the divisions in the BSD community (as if there was
no division in the Linux community), but I think the division in the
free UNIX-like OS community is worse.  We are all trying to do the same
thing (roughly) through different means.  We should be learning from the
other UNIX-like OSes, not fighting.

dgilbert should give davem some credit.  From all accounts (I have not
looked at his stuff yet), he has done some very good work and we (NetBSD)
should be trying to use the stuff that he has figured out to make our
OS better.

davem did not give the best impression of himself when he first posted,
but appears to have settled down.  He should probably expect flames
from folks who remember his early posts and just ignore them.

Sorry, but I am frustrated with seeing this kind of thing popping up
again and again.  We only weaken the position of our systems when we
fight like this.

alan