Subject: FSBE/S on 4/40
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Plite <splite@wdni.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/09/1997 17:23:19
Now that lebuffer support is in -current, can someone tell me whether the
le on a FSBE/S will work on a 4/40 (pre-OpenBoot PROM).  I've tried using
it under both SunOS 4.1.3_U1 and 5.5 without success.  Neither seems to map
the le as a leaf of the lebuffer nexus , and packets sent to the le go nowhere.
(I can ifconfig the le fine.)

The same card in an Axil Ultima-1 (with OpenBoot) works fine, with the le
mapped as a leaf of lebuffer.

The FSBE/S manual says that it "is compatible with the Open Boot PROM version
2.0 or later."  Is this just a poor choice of words, and they really mean
"*requires* Open Boot...?"

Please e-mail me directly as I no longer subscribe to port-sparc.  Thanks.