Subject: Re: can't su
To: michael smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
From: Spark Stuff <netbsd@zapcom.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/09/1997 15:22:36
> You are simply getting the root password wrong.  Try logging in
> on the console as root, and make sure it works there.  Then try
> typing it carefully and slowly.  Then check that you don't have
> Capslock on.  Then check that you're not using backspace or
> delete while you're typing it.
>
> Then try changing it from the console, and try again.  You could
> try hacking the 'su' source to log why it is rejecting you too.

The password is correct, believe me, I work as an Internet Tech Support
rep and deal with people that put capitol letters in their lowercase
passwords all day long, I can log in on the console with no problems, but
doing an su with the same passowrd doesn't work, I've also tryied
changing the password...still nothing