Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.2 on sparc
To: Todd Seeman <tseeman@afterlife.ncsc.mil>
From: None <=?ISO-2022-JP?B?Ik1JTk9VUkEgTWFrb3RvIC8gGyRCTCcxOhsoQiAbJEI/PxsoQiI=?=>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/09/1997 11:19:58
Hi.

|> In <199701081904.OAA13432@afterlife.ncsc.mil>
|> Todd Seeman <tseeman@afterlife.ncsc.mil> wrote:

Todd> >1) I cannot mount a DOS formatted diskette.
Todd> >   The README file states that the sun4c built-in drive is supported.  I have
Todd> >   SunOS installed on a separate drive in the same machine, and SunOS can
Todd> >   successfully mount and read the diskette.  My entry in /etc/fstab is:
Todd> >/dev/fd0c /pcfs msdos rw,noauto 0 0
Todd> >
Todd> >   When I try the mount, I get the following error message:
Todd> >msdos: mount: Operation not supported by device

You have to reconfigure your kernel. Add

options  MSDOSFS

to your config file.

Todd> >   I also tried mounting it as readonly, I tried /dev/fd/0 (and others).

They are not floppy devices.  Use /dev/fd0a for ordinary floppy.

--
MINOURA, Makoto (Mr) <minoura@kawasaki.flab.fujitsu.co.jp>
Integrated Networks Laboratory, Fujitsu Labs. Ltd., JAPAN