Subject: Re: Problem with Sun Tape Drive and NetBSD v1.1
To: None <ganderson@quimby.os2bbs.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/07/1997 10:34:07
	As a first suggestion its probably worth installing NetBSD 1.2 -
	there have been a number of changes and the scsi driver might
	be one of them :)

	If you dont want to try a full install grab a NetBSD 1.2/sparc
	kernel and put it in as /netbsd.new (or similar) then boot the
	system single user mode "b sd()netbsd.new -s" and test the
	tape.

	Good luck!

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.