Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.2 on an IPC
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/1997 21:18:28
> what are screen-#rows and screen-#columns set to ?  netbsd/sparc now
> initialises these values for the console.  you probably have them set
> incorrectly for your console.

Is this really right?  I thought those were supposed to describe the
numbers of rows and columns on the _screen_, regardless of whether or
not the screen was the console.

To borrow NetBSD/sun3 terminology, that should set the size of /dev/kd,
which may or may not be /dev/console.  (The sun3 nomenclature has some
drawbacks, but it has its advantages too.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca