Subject: keyboard map (fwd)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris. Rupnik <chrisr@hp817.speedware.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/1997 16:25:22

> I have a sparc 1+ with a sun type 4 keyboard and it seems that not all keys
> are active on my keyboard map....none of the number pad keys seem to
> work..does anybody have a fully working keyboard map for this keyboard?
> Also what browser is most commonly used for Web Browsing in
> Netbsd-sparc?...I looked into netscape, only for the x86 port and Apace,
> for the amiga port, is Mosaic compatible?...I havn't looked at it yet

I believe that if you are not in X windows, then the keypad does not
work, and not supposed to work. In the archives of port-sparc mailing
list (#90 for all interested) there was a discussion that the sparc
port did not use the new keyboard driver. Also, in #105, there is someone
reporting the same problem as you have, so i assume that it is normal
that it does not work.

I have different problem. I have a 4/110 with a type 4 keyboard. I know
that the keypad is only supposed to work in X, and they do, but
not with any modifier key. That would mean that control+left arrow
generates the same as a left arrow by itself. If i switch for a type
3 keyboard, everything is ok.

Chris