Subject: Re: cg6 and RASTERCONSOLE
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com, clepple@thor.tjhsst.edu>
From: None <gherbert@Axil.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/1997 10:50:30
> >I do NOT know Forth (anyone can point me to a web site with the OpenProm
> >(or EEprom) stuff, let me know)...
>
> Check ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/he/henderso/ and look around.
> the Sun NVRAM/HostID info has tons of stuff, and one (I can't recall which)
> has sample forth code for calculating the 2s complement (or whatever) that
> a SLC with a bad NVRAM once needed. It's been a while, though, so if anyone
> finds more specific info, feel free to correct me.

That's not going to help you much with the OBP Forth; what you want
is the Sun OpenBoot PROM book.  The IEEE standard in progress for OBP
is also useful, but not for older Sparcs, which used the old Sun
OBP and won't get the soon-to-be-IEEE std stuff ported.

-george william herbert
gherbert@axil.com