Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.2 on an IPC
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/1997 07:51:58
> [...] 1.2 on my IPC [...]

> I'm using a vt220 as my console.  When I log in, either as myself or
> as root, all my programs seem to think that the terminal has 34 lines
> instead of the 24 it actually has.

I see this too.  I thought it had something to do with my private
patches to the rasterconsole code, but I guess not.

> I'm thinking that my termcap is stuffed.

No, that's not it.  Do "stty size" and you'll see that the kernel has
80x34 stored as the size for the console.  This would be correct if
console were on bwtwo0.  I suspect the rasterconsole code is (a) being
invoked when it shouldn't be and (b) being too aggressive about bashing
/dev/console's in-kernel tty size values.

I've been meaning to look at this but just haven't gotten around to it.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca