Subject: RE: Trying to netboot a Sun 4/260...
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org' <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Seidmann <seidmann@dcs.elf.stuba.sk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/1997 10:13:47
Unfortunately, there is a small problem with this.
nfs_boot: server_addr=3D0xcdd8dc09
nfs_boot: hostname=3Dsparcy
root on 205.216.220.1:/net/sparcy
RPC timeout for server 0xcdd8dc09
RPC timeout for server 0xcdd8dc09
RPC timeout for server 0xcdd8dc09
RPC timeout for server 0xcdd8dc09
RPC timeout for server 0xcdd8dc09
(etc)

I'm confused as to why it's giving RPC timeouts for 0xCDD8DC09 (Seymour) =
and
says nfs_boot: server_addr=3D0xcdd8dc09 when it should be mounting root =
from
0xCDD8DC01 (Allinux). Can anyone offer any sort of assistance?
Yes. The problem has to do with the swapfile. You have to create on on =
the NFS root server, export it if not already done with the export of =
the root file system, and specify its location in the bootparam =
configuration file. I do not remeber its exact syntax (try to look at =
bootparam(8)), but if you can't find its description, I would mail you =
an excerpt from the corresponing file.

Cheers, Thomas