Subject: pease help
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Spark Stuff <netbsd@zapcom.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/1997 18:09:19
I'm new to NetBSD and had a couple questions I was hoping somebody could
help me with. I've installed NetBSD 1.2 for the sparc on my Sparc 1+ and
now tht it's installed, I've tired every which way to add a user and I
just can't do it. I tried "adduser" which I use on my linux systems and
couldn't find the binary for it, so I tried to edit the /etc/passwd file
and also the /etc/master.passwd file and it still didn't see the new
user. Am I over seeing something, was the full operationg system not
installed? Also, I wanted to be able to telnet to my box so I edited the
/etc/ttys file to make ttyp0 a secure port but then every few minutes it
told me that /dev/ttyp0 didn't exist, but I was able to telnet into the
port...did I do that wrong too? And lastly I would like to use the bash
shell...does anybody know where to get the source or have the binary for it?