Subject: Re: adden to wanted:
To: Dylan D Zehr <ddzehr@telecom.ksu.edu>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/24/1996 01:21:20
> the plain 4 miniroot failed on execution.
>
> The 4c booted most of the way.  It appears to be failing somewhere
> after probing the hardware, possiblly on the rc files.

The `4c' miniroot is for both sun4c and sun4m machines. Separate
`4' and `4c/4m' miniroots are also no longer necessary in -current.

Can you send me the lines that identify the CPU and cache on your LX?
These are among the first messages printed when the kernel boots.

It might be worth the try to grab a more or less current miniroot
that can be found in ftp.netbsd.org:~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc/snapshot.

-pk