Subject: 1.2 and CCD headache.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: michael smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/23/1996 22:57:41
(Firstly, kudos to the 1.2 installer; makes for a nice painless
 install, a big change from SunOS.)

Secondly, thanks to "Marshall Midden" <m4@unet.umn.edu> for
his ccd tutorial, which convinced me that I'm not going insane.

I'm trying to set up a ccd of three CDC 94171-344's (SUN-327
etc.), using the GENERIC kernel (more on this in another message).

Each is labelled :

#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
  a:   638946      414    4.2BSD     1024  8192    16
  c:   639630        0   unknown

They ccdconfig together just fine, but when I go to edit the
disklabel on the ccd ('disklabel -e ccd0') and then save, I
get :

disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Read-only file system

and

ccd0: error 30 on component 0

on the console.  I've tried with just one disk, two and all
three.  I can newfs individual components, and they work OK,
but the resulting filesystems are annoyingly small.

Any ideas?

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"