Subject: Re: Some Sparc problems
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/1996 13:22:48
On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:02:35 -0800 (PST)
 Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca> wrote:

> I never got PGP to compile and work on my Sparc, either, though it
> worked fine on the i386. I seem to recall talking to the maintainers
> and having them admit that this was a problem in PGP itself. I
> never did follow up on it, though I vowed to do so one day.

works fine here:

/home/neil:neil@genesis>pgp -h
No configuration file found.
Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3i - Public-key encryption for the masses.
(c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software. 1996-01-18
International version - not for use in the USA. Does not use RSAREF.
Current time: 1996/11/25 13:22 GMT

Usage summary:
To encrypt a plaintext file with recipent's public key, type:
   pgp -e textfile her_userid [other userids] (produces textfile.pgp)
To sign a plaintext file with your secret key:
   pgp -s textfile [-u your_userid]           (produces textfile.pgp)
To sign a plaintext file with your secret key, and then encrypt it
   with recipent's public key, producing a .pgp file:
   pgp -es textfile her_userid [other userids] [-u your_userid]
To encrypt with conventional encryption only:
   pgp -c textfile
To decrypt or check a signature for a ciphertext (.pgp) file:
   pgp ciphertextfile [-o plaintextfile]
To produce output in ASCII for email, add the -a option to other options.
To generate your own unique public/secret key pair:  pgp -kg
For help on other key management functions, type:   pgp -k
/home/neil:neil@genesis>uname -a
NetBSD genesis.DOMINO.ORG 1.2 NetBSD 1.2 (GENESIS) #2: Thu Sep 26 12:19:24 BST 1996     neil@genesis.DOMINO.ORG:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENESIS sparc

--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)