Subject: Re: Some Sparc problems
To: None <MLARKIN@csupomona.edu>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/1996 13:20:50
On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 22:17:43 -0800 (PST)
 MLARKIN@CSUPomona.Edu wrote:

> 2. The realaudio Solaris/SunOS player doesn't work, complains about "Error
>    opening audio device"

Ick, email Progressive, I'm well pissed of with them not releasing a driver
for netbsd.

> 3. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get PGP to compile and work correctly
.
>    If I bring in a SunOS/Solaris one, I get a problem when I go to generate
>    my keys, like the system isn't recognizing keypresses.. If I compile under
>    NetBSD, I get errors when decrypting. "corrupt file" etc..

I used the SunOS compile without problems. Someone needs to email the
PGP maintainers and get them to change the netbsd to netbsd-i386 config
file.

> 4. Perhaps the most serious, and this has been a bug I've pointed out MANY
>    times, is that any user can take the whole machine down by typing the
>    following:
>
> $ cat xxx.au > /dev/audio &
> $ eject floppy
>
> It gives several lines of "Spurious Interrupt" and then panics and dies.

Yah this old chessnut got me last week.

> I'd especially like to get PGP, JDK, and RA running. I've "fixed" problem #4
> by setting the permissions on /dev/fd0x to be root-only, so that doesn't
> affect me any more. Has anyone got a solution to libresolv with Solaris? (Oh,
> BTW, the libs I'm using are from 2.5.1).

Neil

--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)