Subject: Re: Some Sparc problems
To: None <MLARKIN@CSUPomona.Edu>
From: David S. Miller <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/1996 01:24:28
   Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 22:17:43 -0800 (PST)
   From: MLARKIN@CSUPomona.Edu

   1. The Solaris JDK doesn't work under NetBSD (panics the machine and reboots).
      (Actually, this happens to me due to libresolv not working right. Is this
       just me, or has anyone gotten >ANY< Solaris X programs to work? Anything
       linked with libresolv totally kills my machine.)

The resolver under Solaris uses the threaded "doors" mechanism to do
name service requests.  This would require emulation of solaris
threads, and reverse engineering the "doors" kernel interface.

So, any Solaris binary which enters the resolver will not work until
this is implemented.

Yow! 10.49 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth  ////
over 100Mb/s ethernet.  Beat that!        ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><