Subject: 4/110's revisited...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/11/1996 22:01:11
So, some time ago, I spent a while getting a 4/110 and 3 SLC's to netboot
from my Amiga.  Very happy, all work now.

So, the friend who got the 4/110 just found out he's actually getting *two*
4/110's, and a 3/60, *all* with cgfour graphics cards... and one color
monitor.  :)

As a side effect, I'm likely to be poking about.  It's my understanding that
the 4/110 SCSI driver has never learned whatever black magic sun used for
interrupts, so it doesn't disconnect or reconnect, and I'm wondering how much
interest there is in, or help there is for, getting this fixed, which I might
try to do some time.

For that matter, is anyone out there looking for a cgfour for a P4 slot?
(At least, we *think* it's a cgfour; it has 4 BNC outs, it produces color
on a color monitor, and it has the PN the hardware reference lists for
a cgfour, 501-1248.)

I'm sort of hoping that either no one cares about the 4/110, or there's some
real interest in having the SCSI driver fixed.  :)

(I'm not likely to actually *use* it very much, but it never hurts to have
a CPU unlike every other CPU you own to play with.)

-s