Subject: Re: Problem netbooting 1.1 on sparc
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/06/1996 10:27:11
> panic: nfs_boot: mountd swap, error=72

> Errno 72 is EBADRPC, "RPC struct is bad", which is kind of strange...

In almost every case I've heard of (I've never encountered this
personally), error 72 when mounting swap means that the NFS server in
question - or at least it's mount daemon - is under the impression that
files cannot be mounted directly, only directories.

The odd thing is that you say this happens...

> When we try to boot a SS2 clone over the network (from a sparc
> running NetBSD 1.1 from disk),

and I thought NetBSD's NFS server was sane in this respect.  I assume
you've checked that 192.71.20.139 (the quoted server_addr, 0xc047148b)
really is the machine you want it to be booting from?  If some other
machine is answering the bootparams request quicker than your desired
boot host, that could cause trouble.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D