Subject: Re: FASTCONSOLE on cgsix
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/05/1996 10:31:12

> Has anyone checked out FASTCONSOLE on a cgsix? I didn't notice much
> (well, any) difference when I moved up to 1.2 on my SS 1, so I
> figured it didn't do much. But I just happened to be on a 3/60 with
> a bgtwo running 1.2, and it scrolls easily five or six times as
> fast as my cgsix. What's up?

Are you talking about RASTERCONSOLE? If so, note the following comment
from the cgsix driver:

/*
 * Unlike the bw2 and cg3 drivers, we do not need to provide an rconsole
 * interface, as the cg6 is fast enough.
 */

So the cg6 driver apparently does not even use the raster console, even
when it is enabled...

--Aaron