Subject: Re: Performance NetBSD vs. SunOS
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ron G. Minnich <rminnich@sarnoff.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/25/1996 10:09:25
the linux numbers and the netbsd numbers and chris torek's comment leave
me convinced that I know what's happening but don't know why. Chris's
comment re cleaning registers is interesting -- anyone able to confirm
this? I am not so sure that linux virtues account for all the performance
improvement :-) since netbsd shows similar numbers.

So what's going on? I don't think the 'we just have a better os' really
cuts it as an explanation :=)

ron

Ron Minnich                |"If you leave out all the killings, D.C. has as
rminnich@sarnoff.com       | low a crime rate as many cities" --
(609)-734-3120             |  D.C. Mayor Marion Barry
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html