Subject: Re: HyperSPARC woes...
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/24/1996 09:41:33

   [ ... ]

i think erik has hit on the topic that annoys me the most
with multi-architecture kernel support is the change hardware
and lose problem that sunos4 has, and sunos5 even worse.

i think it is great that i can a) have a kernel i can boot
on any architecture, and b) have a kernel that can only boot
on my architecture, and thus be able to take any known
optimisations for this.  a) allows things like floppies and
cd-rom's to work, and also for single install kernels.  b)
gives me the desired speed and configurability.