Subject: Re: HyperSPARC woes...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/23/1996 09:49:13
> I still think it would make your code easier to read and maintain if
> you just gave up on trying to make one kernel boot on anything.

Well, yeah.  It'd make it even easier if we just gave up on sun4m
machines.  It's a question of what benefits are worth the effort
necessary to achieve them.

> I know Aaron finds that important, but I don't think many people
> actually benefit much from having one kernel for all sparc boxes.

Well, for what it's worth, _I_ appreciate being able to build a kernel
sufficiently generic that it'll work on any SPARC, or at least any
SPARC that NetBSD works on at all...

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D