Subject: Re: esp Disconnect Problems
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/1996 08:41:42
> >From owner-port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG Mon Oct 14 20:05:36 1996
> [ WAD O' STUFF DELETED ]
> ># I moved the drive from ID 4 to ID 3 (which moved it to an ID with
> ># disconnect disabled) and the problem went away.
> >
> >Read your latest GENERIC config file and you can tweak your disconnect and
> >reselect bits.  It's awfully nice that a) they exist and b) they are separate
> >bits!
>
> Why are these even needing to be settable things at all??????????????

Get paid by the question mark?  8-)

Uh, i'll be the first to tell you that the 'esp' driver isn't perfect,
but even if it were i'd say such flags are a good idea.

There are always going to be drives which do things just too broken to
handle in the driver, and if such flags make dealing with them easier,
then they're a good thing...

(of course, you can define "perfect" as not needing those flags, but
it's not clear that that's realistic.)

chris