Subject: Headless 4/110
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Grape <grape@seedless.dartmouth.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/14/1996 22:01:02
I've got a headless 4/110 that I am trying to install
netbsd 1.2 on.  It boots just fine, but when
entering single user mode from the miniroot, it says:

enter path for shell or sh(return)
enter terminal (sun)

or something like that.  Unfortunately, it is clear that it
chokes on the input from the serial port.  Whichever
key I press will cause an instant ^h for backspace etc, and then
a reset of the shell when I try to enter a new terminal type.

Is there a fix for this?  Presumably it is not my terminal
setup, since this works flawlessly under sunos.

Is there another miniroot, or can I pass some arguments
to the kernel that will fix the problem>?

Thanks for any help
Johan Grape

--
Johan A. Grape, Ph.D.	      Office: (603) 646-3763
Research Associate	      http://seedless.dartmouth.edu/~grape