Subject: RS232 still dropping chars.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/1996 16:40:07
Hello everyone,

Though NetBSD is a very nice and stable OS for my ELC, I do have one
little gripe: I still keep losing characters on my ttya. Now Gordon
suggested a while ago to port the Sun3-serial drivers to Sparc, because
there the problem seems to be solved. I have looked into the conversion,
but alas my grasp of kernel/hardware programming is not good enough to
attempt this.
Is anyone else perhaps working on a fix for this problem? The NetBSD-
www-page lists the SCC-ports as supported, but I feel that is a slight
excaggeration given it's current performance.

Regards, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
 "Read some Kerouac,  and it put me on the tracks,  to burn a little
    brighter now"    - Torch song, Clutching at straws, Marillion.