Subject: Re: P4 CG6 and NetBSD-1.2 (fwd)
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@hp817.speedware.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/09/1996 14:42:14
On Wed, 9 Oct 1996 11:49:49 -0400
 chrisr@hp817.speedware.com (Chris Rupnik) wrote:

 > Hi
 >  Thanks to everyone who helped me, the problem was indeed that RASTERCONSOLE
 > was compiled into the generic kernel. After that was removed, all was great!

I'm glad that you're up and running now, but we really need to find out
why RASTERCONSOLE causes the p4 cards to lose this way... At one point,
they definitely worked (at least 3 people told me this themselves).

RASTERCONSOLE speeds up the display tremendously on older sun4 systems...
Not having it is a real lose.

If someone could do some investigating, that'd be terrific!