Subject: Re: P4 CG6 and NetBSD-1.2 (fwd)
To: None <chrisr@hp817.speedware.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/08/1996 10:59:02
   Hi
    I was using NetBSD with my old bwtwo framebuffer on my
    sparc 4/110. I have since upgraded to a CG6, and have a strange
    problem. When the card is detected during boot, normally, text
    is written to the screen from left to right, with each line scrolling
    upwards.

    What happens is that as soon as the cg6 is touched, the line following
    the cg6 detection is written vertically from the middle of the screen
    in a decending fashion. Then the console display locks up. It looks
    like the kernel keeps loading, assuming that is the disk activity
    that is going on.

    Does anyone have any ideas as to the problem,I have tried the
    1.2 generic kernel that is presently in the sparc directory on
    ftp.netbsd.org.

    Thanks

    Chris

Hello...

I saw simular behavior with the cg4.  I seem to recall that it was
related to the RASTERCONSOLE option and/or having an incorrect value
set in the eeprom for the console type.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org