Subject: Re: Xsun24 anyone?
To: None <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/1996 11:48:06
> Does anyone have a working 24-bit x server for NetBSD/sparc? I'm hacking on
> a driver for the cg14 video on the SS20, and I can get the card into 24-
> bit mode, but I don't have an X server.  I'm emulating the cg8 for now...

I don't know if this helps you at all, but the CG14 emulates a CG3 in a pinch.
I know that's not 24-bit, but it beats the "I don't have an X server" blues ...

At work I had a SPARCstation-20/612 running Solaris 2.4 and I accidentally
fired up X11R6 on it instead of OpenWindows, and to my utter amazement it
actually came up.  I think I recall doing a "constype" and having it return
"cg3"; if not, well, you explain it (no, the machine did NOT have a CG3 or a
CG6 in it, it was using the SX).

	- Greg